After several decades of leading successful procurement and eCommerce outcomes working for public and private sector organisations, Jo Bailey and Sharon Jones-Baldwin joined forces to establish Progressive Systems in 2017. Progressive Systems brings together a team of senior procurement practitioners to help more organisations achieve their objectives.
Progressive Systems is committed to improving businesses, communities and careers through strategic and sustainable business solutions.
Our Social Responsibility Commitment
Being Socially Responsible is about conducting our business and ourselves to support the long-term well-being of people, our natural environment and a fair economy.
Our approach to our work and our profession is underpinned by our Values of Service, Quality, Respect, Integrity and Sustainability.
The procurement profession has the ability to make a significant impact to our World by influencing innovative thinking around a circular economy and other environmental impacts, ethical supply chains, stronger communities and better business outcomes.
Examples of how we influence and support these objectives include:
- We developed a program to help organisations to learn what’s involved and support their business and procurement teams to make a start.
- Jo delivers Sustainable Procurement training with Academy Global.
- We support the objectives of the Aboriginal procurement policies by mentoring and promoting Aboriginal businesses and by working with Government and Corporate organisations to adopt practices that make a difference.
- We are a business community member of Worthwhile Ventures who provide mentoring support to developing Aboriginal businesses.
- We created our Indigenous Support service division to strengthen our focus and capacity to grow Aboriginal businesses and employment.
- We champion and promote the use of diverse suppliers who provide meaningful work for people in our communities.
- We mentor aspiring procurement professionals both informally and as part of a formal annual program.
- Jo is a Fellow of CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply) and a volunteer for the NSW Committee.
- Sharon is a highly-regarded speaker on eProcurement for round tables and conferences
- Jo speaks about the positive impacts the procurement profession can have. She has spoken at conferences and events in Sydney and Jakarta and on podcasts – Academy Global and The Procurement Podcast
CEO and Director
Prior to joining Progressive Systems as its CEO, Jo held a variety of procurement roles over 18 years. A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply, she started her procurement career in the Australian private sector in banking and went on to fill several Procurement, Project Management and Leadership roles in the public sector.
Following several change management roles in the NSW Department of Commerce (now Finance & Innovation) Jo project-managed the establishment of a new procurement function at the NSW Department of Education (Education) before becoming its CPO and leading Education to achieve NSW Government’s highest procurement accreditation level.
She went on to independently consult to public and private sector organisations on a range of procurement-related projects including transformation, source to contract systems, change management, capability and social responsibility.
Jo brings her extensive ‘hands-on’ experience to the projects that she delivers. She is passionate about procurement and the positive influence it can have on the success of businesses, communities and personal careers.
Her experience includes:
- Chairperson for the NSW Procurement Leadership Group, supporting development of and advocating for sensible policies and processes
- Procurement strategy – providing input and oversight to the strategic approach and delivery of hundreds of goods and services procurement projects.
- Procurement function start up, restructure and reform in private and public sectors, incorporating:
- Performance Measurement and Management – including organisational procurement performance, social and sustainable responsibility and supplier performance
- Engagement Management – supporting Customers, Staff, Executive and Business Colleagues, Suppliers and the wider business community.
- Team and Career Development – incorporating capability gap analysis and development programs, business continuity planning and cadet and graduate programs.
- Process development, communication and training for public and private sector organisations.
Jennifer supports the Team with her expert guidance behind the scenes, managing the Financial Accounts, Budgets and compliance needs around GST and Payroll.With a Bachelor of Business Majoring in Accounting with a Sub-major in Computing and Information Systems, and years of practical experience, Jennifer has much to offer.
After more than 40 years’ experience working as a Financial/Management/Systems Accountant for a diverse range of Organisations Jennifer has now established her own boutique consulting business as a BAS Agent, Financial Accountant and general Business Advisor and has partnered with Progressive Systems.
Jennifer’s experience includes working with major corporates such as Toshiba, IBM’s Information Systems and Services Corp (ISSC), CCH/Wolters Kluwer and with SME’s and Start-ups, covering industries as diverse as Property Development, Print, Direct Sales, Golf Retail, Manufacturing and Wholesale Product Distribution, Transport and Distribution, Professional Tax and Accounting Services, and Semi-Government Organisations.
Jennifer brings passion and dedication to every project she undertakes with a can-do attitude to solving problems and achieving objectives.
Senior Manager – Digital Procurement
Carl has 18 years’ experience implementing eSourcing, eProcurement, eCatalogue, Contract Life-cycle Management, Spend Analytics and end-to-end procurement automation and accounts payable systems. This experience was developed within several high-profile organisations serving the public and private sectors, on both the client and supplier side of the implementations.
From 2000 to 2008 Carl held executive roles within two global providers of eProcurement and procurement automation systems. These systems were implemented with Australasian public sector organisations and multi-national resources companies. During this time, in addition to being the Asia Pacific VP of Quadrem Australia delivering P2P solutions to global resource and extraction companies, including BHPB, Rio Tinto, Anglo American, Newmont, Alcoa and Woodside Petroleum, Carl held executive and project management roles within the following eProcurement system projects:
- BHPB eProcurement roll-out, phase 2 to 80% eProcurement transactions
- Alcoa, eProcurement and eCatalogue rollout – phase 1
- Rio Tinto, eProcurement rollout and internal catalogue management.
- Minara Resources – eProcurement specification and implementation
- Newmont Resources – eProcurement mid phase rollout
In 2009 Carl formed a specialist consultancy firm to deliver cost effective procurement systems for Australian public sector clients, with P2P assignments with;
- Aurizon Pty Ltd – eCatalogue
- Tarong Energy Corporation – eInvoicing
- Redland City Council – P2P and Invoicing Strategy and Roadmap
- Air New Zealand – Spend analysis and eCatalogue for in-direct procurement
In 2013 Carl made a substantial commitment to the Government of Indonesia. He led the Information Systems component of the Procurement Modernisation Project on behalf of USA’s Millennium Challenge Corporation working with LKPP, the Government of Indonesia’s procurement agency. The project strengthened, procured and implemented effective end-to-end eProcurement systems to support all aspects of the procurement life cycle and value chain for the Government of Indonesia.
Since concluding the Indonesian project in 2018 Carl has provided subject matter expertise on the eCommerce elements of a large NSW Government procurement project and managed the implementation of a leading P2P solution in Queensland.
Rod supports us by introducing people to our team and our services.
Rod has enjoyed an adventurous career in business to business sales over a broad range of industries.
In the early days Rod completed a teacher training course in meditation which was to shape his approach to life and career. Choosing sales as a way to experience the world. Some of Rod’s sales experience includes health equipment and consumables and photocopy equipment. He also previously worked with Sharon opening doors to initiate eProcurement into Australia through the stationery industry and later onto the broader market.
Rod has also owned his own small businesses over the years and is currently semi-retired, while managing an Aquariums business and his newly built dream home/B&B (www.brightwaterretreat.com.au) at Bundeena, NSW.
He was inspired by the opportunity to join the Progressive Systems team and keen to help them do good things in the world by promoting our Sustainable Procurement Get Started Program.
Rod loves achieving with people, human rights, walking Sydney’s Royal National Park, swimming, sailing, snorkelling, fine dining with friends and music.
We’re very proud of the people who choose to work with us. Their skills and experiences are of the highest calibre and their values align with ours. So you can expect great service, quality, respect, integrity and sustainability in all we do.
Following are just some of the experiences of our extended team:
An accomplished business improvement specialist delivering end-to-end solutions for private, corporate and government clients, involving significant business process mapping projects.
Applies a range of analytical methodologies and approaches to specify, design and implement successful business solutions and systems alignment.
- Diagnostics road-map development for health services including Supply Chain/Procurement, CFO Business Case, Liver and Kidney Transplantation, HR For Nurses, etc.
- Billing Solutions for government suppliers
- Program and Project Management Frameworks design and implementation
- Content Management Systems for retail
- Property Management Solutions for facilities management
- Enterprise Alignment System (Mining)
- Asset Management, Financial Control, ERP requirements, Enterprise Architectures.
Holds a Doctorate in Enterprise Integration, a Degree (First Class Honors) in Business and Systems alignment and a Bachelor of Information Technology, double major Information Systems and Software Engineering.
Has a range of extensive experiences from complex logistics and supply in Australia and internationally to directing Category Management in both Facilities Management and People Services.
Is respected for his common-sense, strategic approach to sourcing and his unwavering honesty and integrity.
A strong project manager and leader able to engage effectively and directly at all levels within organisations and with business partners.
Has led a number of successful and large-scale projects for Government involving Human Services, Social Innovation, Training Services and Contingent Labour for example.
An outcomes-focused, project-driven procurement visionary delivering innovation and measurable improvements in procurement practices.
Has gained a variety of experiences including change management, organisational design, procurement policy, supplier relationships, sourcing and category management.
Her specific category experiences include Travel, Medical consumables, Health indirects, ICT and Human Services.
Recognised as an informed decision maker and collaborative leader with over 20 years of experience in Australia and overseas.
A strong advocate of social responsibility, supplier diversity and ethical supply chains who holds an MBA and a Master of Policy Analysis.
A passionate, motivated and experienced procurement professional with a demonstrated history of achievements in procurement and contract management roles.
Principal skills include: Contract Management and Implementation, Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain and Marketing Research.
With experience in corporate and general goods and services, his most recent key category projects include: Natural Gas, Printed Materials, Uniforms and Linen.
A Bachelor of Science (statistics) with post-graduate in commerce/economic and holding certificates in Procurement and Contracting (IV), Financial Services (III) and Risk Management. Currently undergoing a Procurement Diploma with CIPS.
A results-orientated individual with over 25 years’ experience in procurement and supply chain re-engineering. Specialising in analysing and recommending procurement performance improvement, transformation and supporting systems.
An extensive management consulting background through multiple consulting firms and practices that embraced improvements to Procurement and Supply Chain operations.
His experience includes: Strategy and policy; Procurement organisation reform and design; Category strategies, management and planning; Information technologies for procurement.
Has worked at large consulting firms in New York and Sydney in full value procurement solutions consulting.
Roles for clients has included partial or end-to-end projects within Procurement, Category Sourcing, Tenders and Contract Negotiation, Business Processes as well as Probity Roles to ensure Procurement Policies and Guidelines are adhered to.
Work encompasses the People, Process, Technology, and Organisational Structure spectrum.
Holds a Bachelor of Business Administration and a Triple Major MBA in Supply Chain Management, Finance, and New Venture Management from the University of San Diego, California.